Sunday, January 09, 2011

3Dimensional ATCS and Scrapbook Paper!
Lullaby ATC! 2
Lullaby ATC!

Here is an 3 dimensional ATC I made using A piece of my new scrapbook paper, this paper is called: Steampunk Fantasy Collection: Peeling Fairytale.

The paper was layered onto 3.5 by 2.5 piece of chipboard with zip dry, fantasy moss w/glitter, vintage millinery, ribbon, vintage velvet, etc.
Lullaby ATC! 5
Lullaby ATC! 6 Above is an up close look at fantasy moss which is natural moss which is coated in glitter flakes.
If you can't find fantasy moss at your local craft store or garden center, then make your own:

Fantasy Moss Recipe:
-Reindeer Natural Moss in color of choice
-Ceiling tile glitter flakes (found in hardware stores near the adhesives or ceiling tiles)
-Spray glue
-Acrylic matte spray sealer
-Wax paper

1. Place moss onto wax paper, with spray glue onto moss.
2. Sprinkle with glitter flakes, tap off excess.
3. Seal glitter in place using spray sealer.

Tips:
-To make spray glue, mix 2 parts glue and 1 part water into a spray can, stir, and its ready to use.
-Use German Silver Glass Glitter instead of flakes.
-Try confetti in place of flakes or glitter.
-Spray paint, dye or bleach your moss for more color options.
Lullaby ATC! 3

3 comments:

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

I didn't know we were "allowed" to make such 3-dimensional ATCs. I'm such a rule-follower. Gotta stop that!

Thanks for teaching me yet another thing!

Jill

ps I posted some 1930s-1940s Valentines on my blog. Feel free to use them!

Elaine A said...

Lisa -

This is just beautiful. What a wonderful thing to place into a small shadowbox and give to a new parent or for a christening! Just gorgeous!!

Elaine

P.S. I just got my beautiful ATC you sent me. I love it! It truly is beautiful. Thank you so very much for it (as well as the 3 blank ATC cards). Did I mention I love it?!!

Lisa Kettell said...

I never follow rules, lol! I always try to explore other artistic dimensions, that helps me to create and experiment.

I am so glad the atc and the blanks arrived safe and sound!

Sending hugs to you both!
xoxo
Lisa!