Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Design Team Spotlight, Meet Caroline Sherman



Meet our new design team aka creative team for the 2013-2014 roster. Today I'd like to introduce you to Caroline Sherman.

Caroline's work brings you to an enchanted fairytale world. Her whimsical holiday creations brings so much magic into my days and to others. Caroline blends sweet vintage and kitsch styles, making sure to sprinkle her creations with some enchanted glitter. Her imagination and talent brings an enchanted vintage element to the Lisa Kettell Designs Brand. We are so happy she is here.

I can't wait to see what Caroline thinks up in the coming weeks. Here is a sneak peak of some of her amazing works!

 Notice some of Lisa Kettell Designs elements? the Charlotte and Carnival doll heads were lovingly placed on some of this extraordinary piece!

A little bit about Caroline:

I am in love with photography, spur of the moment road trips through New England and hunting for treasures at Estate Sales, Antique Stores, Auctions and Tag Sales.  My passion is creating one of a kind creations derived from bits and pieces of antique treasures I’ve picked up in my travels over the years. 

I specialize in Holiday Decor, Cocktail Rings, Necklaces, decorated bottle brush trees, pedestals and all things kitschy and fun!  I create brooches and necklaces out of vintage yo-yo pieces from grandmothers who never got to finish their quilts.  I use vintage costume jewelry stored in antique jewelry boxes for years to create pieces that fit the latest trends.  

There is always a way to intertwine the old with the new or to up-cycle an old treasure into something new and fun!  Vintage style is great because it's unique and timeless.  A vintage piece will continue to get better with age, and it's usually a one of a kind piece that no one else will have.  I am also passionate about antiques and vintage treasures because of the stories behind these treasures from long ago.

My greatest joy is to see my art on other people and in their homes.  It's an indescribable feeling to have someone appreciate your art enough to display it in their cozy homes!  I believe art is something that makes you feel something inside…when you look at that one little piece  you just can’t live without, and it kind of speaks to you.  That's a great feeling and  I hope you get as much enjoyment out of my art as I do.   -Caroline

“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me". Erma Bombeck 

Visit Caroline at: 
Stay tuned for our next design team member spotlight.
xoxo
Lisa

1 comment:

Laura S Reading said...

Her samples are adorable!
I can't wait to see what you all cook up to delight us with in the coming year.